Hike the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail
This is the island life, reimagined. Discover pristine Australian bushland and native Aussie animals on this 5-day walking trip that will get you closer to the wilderness. The Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail spotlights scenic terrains with ocean vistas as well as inland trails that take you through tall Malle forests and bush. You’ll discover the Cape Du Couedic Lighthouse and explore one of the island’s most-loved landmarks, Remarkable Rocks, carved by the sea and wind for the last 500 million years. With an expert guide leading the way, this is your chance to get back to nature, get active, relax and reconnect.
- Myponga - Walk & Talk with Local Ngarrindjeri Guide
- Get active and reconnect with nature as you take on the Kangaroo Island Wilderness Trail that winds across island with an expert guide
- With all meals included, you’ll be fully energised for each walking trail and have a hearty dinner to look forward to at the end of each day
- Explore one of the island’s most-loved landmarks, Remarkable Rocks, carved by the sea and wind for the last 500 million years.
- Meet a local Ngarrindjeri guide who will take you for a walk and talk where you'll learn about the lost tribe of the Warki people and their dispersion from Country, and who have reappeared after 100 years of being almost lost.
- Discover the Cape Du Couedic Lighthouse, built in 1906 – 1909 and marvel at how the ecology of the island, particularly the local orchids, have bounced back from the fires of 2019
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...